Our last of many memorable dinners with local stake presidents, Area Seventy and their wives. L to R: Elder and Sister Vallejo, President and Sister Meza, President and Sister Espinoza (Tim's first counselor), President and Sister Vasquez (Tim's second counselor), President and Sister Angulo and President and Sister Baquerizo. They have helped to make our time here exceptional.
Our last Zone Leader Council dinner in the mission home May 31, 2011Branch deep in the Amazon region of the mission. We will miss this strong family, whose leadership has been key to the amazing growth of that branch.

A fun night with a few of our returned missionaries! We are so grateful that they made the effort traveling long distances to see us before we leave. L to R: Hermanos Cedeño, Monge, Solorzáno, Hermanas Hernandez, Delgado y Naugaulari
What a wonderful day - we had the whole mission together for a special conference with Elder Gonzales, Elder Hooker, and their wives. We had over 200 missionaries in the chapel at once. We will never forget this happy day!


in this mission to have the best Hermanas in the world.
So lovely!
So fun and amazing- these Hermanas are a great example to me

Always something good to eat


Teaching the Missionaries of the Otavalo and Imbabura Zones
President Sloan and a great group of mission leaders enjoying the beautiful sunny weather of Quito. and Open House










6 comments:
Great pics! Thank you and your family so much for all you have done for our kids!! I hope you have a wonderful homecoming!
How exciting! It looks like you haven't slowed down a bit! Keep going to the last minute! - Hna Judd
We are SO appreciative of the great leadership, training, and LOVE you have given to our son (Elder Thomas) while he had been on his mission. He speaks so lovingly of you and I know he is going to miss you greatly. Enjoy your homecoming, and maybe some day we will be able to meet you and thank you in person!
Dear President Solan-
I served in the Quito Ecuador mission 90-92 under Charles Hall. Currently, I am the YM president in a Spanish Branch. After watching a video of a young man who volunteers at an orphange in Honduras, my young men now desire to do the same in Ecuador. Do you know if the church has any affiliation with any orphanges or any contact with such organizations that I could contact. Thank you for your service in the best mission in the world.
Sincerly,
Rusty Marcum
Hello - my name is Laura Carlston (maiden name Thomas) and I served in Quito from 2003 to 2005. I found your blog on the Ecuador facebook site and couldn't believe that in the first picture up was Hermano y Hermana Vasquez! I served in Argelia for my first area and she always treated us so well. She made me a tres leches cake for my birthday and it was delicious. She and her two boys always treated me so well and it was fun to visit with Hermano Vasquez in the mission office anytime we were there the rest of my mission. They are a wonderful family and I'm glad you were able to get to know them!
Sister Sloan,
We just got approval to pick up Elder Wallace in February. I'd love any advice you would have for us for our travel plans. We are also going to try to visit the Galapagos while we are there. Please contact me at wallace@ubtanet.com if you can. Thanks!
Post a Comment